The chief operating officer position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company. The COO reports only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
This is a remote position, and requires a quiet office space in the home or collaborative office space. Applicant should be in the D/M/V area and might be required to make trips to the Annapolis, MD area to meet with key company personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Oversee daily operations of the company (Marketing, Sales, HR, Operations, etc.)
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Attend weekly Staff Meetings, and networking/technology events
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to
- accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role (8+ years)
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Experience in IT/consulting business models – BIG plus.
- Experience with growing StartUps
- Experience leading in StartUps through Booming phase